When hunting for a good air suspension system, people always narrow their options down to Airlift and Airtekk. Well, the thing is, both of them are great units, which explains why they are so popular. But if you want to get the most value for the money or better overall functionality, there will be one winner among them.
The thing is, Airtekk and Airlift have a lot of things in common. For example, they are easy to install and easy to use. But there are some differences among them, which you can know about through this discussion on Airtekk vs Airlift.
So, let us get right into it!
What Are the Differences Between Airlift and Airtekk?
The main difference between the Airtekk and Airlift is the load capacity. While the Airtekk boasts a load capacity of 10000 to 120000 pounds, the Airlift only has a capacity of 5000 pounds. That means the Airtekk is better in terms of load capacity.
Furthermore, there is a difference in terms of the price point of both systems. The Airlift suspension kit is considerably cheaper than the Airtekk air suspension system. For that reason, it is more appealing to customers with a tight budget. However, that does not mean you are paying extra for nothing when getting the Airtekk.
But the load capacity is not the only highlight of the air suspension systems. There are other things you should know!
Airlift Suspension Kit
The Airlift air suspension kit is highly popular in the market. In fact, most air suspension kit sellers will recommend this to people who are looking for a great and well-performing kit. But what are the key highlights of the Airlift?
- First of all, the suspension kit has the ability to withstand a maximum pressure of 100 psi. That level of pressure-standing capability is pretty impressive, especially when you compare it with the other average offerings of the market.
- Secondly, the manufacturer has an excellent warranty policy. Now, that is something brands will not provide if they are not confident with the overall durability and lifespan of the product. So, you can guess that you will get an extended service out of the air suspension kit.
- Finally, the loading capacity is 5000 pounds. Although this rating is a little low when compared to other high-end air suspension kits, it is still higher than what most of the average options can provide.
Airtekk Suspension Kit
Now that you know a bit more about the Airlift suspension kit let us get to the second star of the show. That is the Airtekk suspension kit. Like Airlift kits, the Airtekk kits are exceptionally famous in the air suspension market. In fact, it stays number 1 on the list for most buyers. But what is so great about the system?
- To start with, the suspension kit is very light in weight. The lightweight nature of the air suspension kit makes it highly capable of increasing the handling and stability of the vehicle. That is something you will not find a regular suspension kit offering.
- The kit has a suspension rating of up to 12000 pounds. This rating is double of what most of the other suspension kits can offer. In fact, it is triple in some cases.
- There will be no need to go through tons of hassles when it comes to maintaining the Airtekk suspension kits. They require very low maintenance. Also, due to how efficient they are, they can adequately enhance driving comfort.
Why You Consider Upgrading the Suspension of Your Vehicle?
So, why should you consider getting the Airtekk or Airlift? Well, there are two main reasons why. Here is a brief explanation of both:
With the upgrade, you will get more control over your vehicle. In fact, the improvement in terms of handling will even make it easier for you to tread on challenging terrains.
On that note, in extreme road conditions, you can maneuver your vehicle properly, which will lower the chances of accidents. Now, that is something you can not skimp on, can you?
Improved Driving Experience
The upgrade to the air suspension kit will improve the overall feel of the ride. Your vehicle will feel responsive and more comfortable to ride. And getting more comfort is something that you can not take for granted.
That said, your experience after the upgrade will vary. It will depend on your vehicle and your air suspension kit.
What Should You Look for Before Getting an Air Suspension Kit?
An air suspension kit is one of the crucial upgrades to your vehicle. Picking a good one can significantly increase the handling, overall driving quality, and vehicle stability. However, if you want to pick a well-performing one, you will need to consider a couple of factors. And those factors are:
Before anything else, you should consider the load capacity. For this, you will need to consider the weight of the car first. To illustrate, if the vehicle has a rating of 3000 pounds, you should get something that is at least 5000 pounds. The higher the load capacity, the better because you will be in the safe zone.
The load capacity is not the only thing that should be in your consideration. Along with that, you should check out the pressure rating. As the name suggests, the air suspension kits will rely on air pressure.
Now, the higher the air pressure that they are rated for, the more you will be capable of adjusting the kit. That is why we would highly recommend going for something with a higher pressure rating.
Would you definitely not want to replace the air suspension kit every month? No, right? Changing the air suspension kit frequently will hurt your wallet and make you go through too many extra hassles.
For that reason, when getting these kits, check the overall durability. And regarding durability, the build quality will make the most impact. In other words, you should get kits that are of high-quality materials.
Last but not least, you should consider the maintenance process of the air suspension kits. Good quality ones usually require less frequent maintenance, while the average ones require too frequent maintenance. And if you do not want to go through too many hassles, you should opt for the ones that require less maintenance.
So, the air suspension from Airtekk would be the winner in the Airtekk vs Airlift battle. Although it costs higher than Airlift, it has a higher load capacity. That will be crucial for beefed-up vehicles. Also, it is pretty light in weight and easy to maintain.
However, the Airlift air suspension kit is a great choice if you are on a tight budget. You will be well happy with what you are getting for the money. However, do consider the load capacity because this kit has a load capacity of 500 pounds.