We all want a reliable car battery jumper to get us through times of need. However, standards have changed. It’s not enough to just charge or jump-start your car anymore. These chargers need to fulfill extra utilities to outcompete competitors and find a place in your trunk.
Among them, Rugged Geek’s RG1000 finds itself as a solid choice due to its numerous utility options and capabilities. So, let’s take a deeper look at how viable this Battery jumper is. Go through this review and by the end of it, you’ll have all the information you need to decide whether this set is for you.
- Includes an Air Compressor for backup safety in case of emergencies
- 1000 peak Amp capacity
- Metal frame clamp construction to drastically improve longevity
- Air Compressor can work with the RG1000 to enhance its portability
- 2 USB ports to charge phones and 1 port to charge laptops
- Comes with 9 different common laptop tip adapters to guarantee to charge compatibility with your laptop
- LED lighting system with Steady on, strobe and SOS feature
- Advanced safety features reduce sparks
- Can boost car batteries 20 times per full charge
- It has 12 volts, 16 volts, and 19 volts options
- There is an LCD display system with bright output
- Weighs less than a pound by itself
Rugged Geek RG1000 Safety Plus 1000A Portable Car Jump Battery Pack Jump Box and USB/Laptop Power Supply with LED Display
It’s quite evident that RG1000 is loaded when it comes to features. So, let us take a closer look at some of the key features to properly assess this unit.
Handy Air Compressor
Usually, when you get a car jumper pack, you have to buy an air compressor separately. It’s another piece of the heavy equipment you can just do without. Most of the added weight comes from the component that operates the air compressor in the first place.
So, what if you had the option to opt-out for a lighter but reliable air compressor for no additional cost? Moreover, what if the pump operated through your car battery jumper? We can’t speak for you, but we’d take it in a heartbeat.
Fortunately, the RG1000 has set out to do exactly that. The air compressor is much lighter compared to any other similar air compressors in the market. Moreover, instead of a large hulking machine, you can just attach it to the car jumper itself and use that to run the pump.
As a result, you’re saving a lot of time, money and space with this device. It’s an extremely convenient feature that everybody needs.
1000 Amp Capacity
Recharging can be a pain, and nobody wants to do it. It’s easy to forget. So, if you’re not careful, you can strand yourself in the middle of the road since your battery died and your jumper is out of charge.
The best way to solve this is by drastically enhancing its charging capabilities. With more amps, it can jump your car more times. Thus, allowing you to forget to charge a few times since it can maintain it for much longer.
This particular device lets you jump start your car 20 times in case you run into a snag for every full charge. As such, you can take it easy and not fuss when reminding yourself to charge.
This is a feature mostly unique to high-tier brands like Rugged Geek. It ensures that no matter how difficult a battery can be, the jumper can bring it back to life. The devices use a feature by the name of the override system.
It adds a safe amount of power to the jumping process to jump start your car’s stubborn batteries with little to no trouble. All it takes is a simple push too, so it’s very easy to use.
We’ve all already talked about how this unit saves time and space by incorporating air pumps. Turns out, it doesn’t stop there. It has 2 different USB cable options to charge your cellular devices with little to no issues.
On top of that, it gives 9 laptop adapter cables so you can use the device to charge your laptop as well.
- Extremely lightweight and easy to carry
- Reduces the need for a separate air compressor
- High utility due to multiple charging ports and laptop adapters
- It has a high amp capacity that can jump-start a car 20 times
- Override option jump-starts engines no matter how much they resist
- The LCD display is bright and visible in the dark and under direct sunlight
- Sometimes the display doesn’t show completely accurate charging information
- Air compressor isn’t as high quality as traditional ones
At the end of the day, it’s hard not to recommend the RG1000. Not only does it have a plethora of useful utility that makes it more than worth buying. Even as a back-up its value is impossible to understate.
So, we wholeheartedly recommend this! However, whether or not you go for the RG1000 is up to you. We know you’ll make the best decision!
You may also review